By registering for and/or attending the Event, You – as an Attendee – hereby accept these terms. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING CAREFULLY READ THESE TERMS AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. 2. Glossary: Event:
any type of formal or informal gathering organised by or on behalf of MPI Belgium Chapter at a designated location for the purpose of educating, exchanging of information, presenting, leisure and/or networking. Attendee(s):
registered or participating individuals (including speakers and sponsors) to the Event. 3. Attendee restrictions:
Attendees must not take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behaviour or any activity, which may disrupt the Event. 4. MPI Belgium Chapter's rights
: MPI Belgium Chapter reserves the right to:
5. Audio/visual material taken at the Event:
- Stop any activity on the part of any Attendee that may interfere with, or cause annoyance to any Event;
- Refuse entry to the Event to an Attendee without justification;
- Exclude or remove anyone from the Event who:
- Does not comply with these terms and conditions;
- MPI Belgium Chapter reasonably consider is likely to break these rules;
- Is not showing or abiding by a general good conduct; and/or
- Is not showing or abiding by such professional behaviour as can be expected from the sort of Event.
By participating in or to the Event, You grant MPI Belgium Chapter the right to use your name, job title, company, photograph and biography for such purposes.
All audio/visual material shall become the property of the MPI Belgium Chapter and may be displayed, distributed or used by MPI Belgium Chapter for any purpose. Furthermore You acknowledge MPI Belgium Chapter's right to crop, splice, treat and edit any audio/visual material taken of You at MPI Belgium Chapter's sole discretion and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, now and in the future, whether that use is known or unknown to You. MPI Belgium Chapter represents that it shall act in good faith and not use or edit the audio/visual material in a way which would negatively portray You, or contrary to Your opinion as made known during or in relation to the Event.
Additional to the above, in case You are acting as a speaker are being interviewed at the Event or, You agree and accept:
6. Intellectual Property:
- Not to invoke Your rights in respect of applicable copyright (such as moral rights, personality rights or portrait rights) or rights of privacy;
- That any goodwill generated from Your participation as Speaker or Interviewee will injure to the benefit of MPI Belgium Chapter;
- That the MPI Belgium Chapter nor the Interviewee (nor the organisation they represent):
- shall receive any compensation or benefit (in cash or kind) for any of the above;
- dispose over a right of access to, or (except upon prior explicit and reasonable request) approval of the audio/visual material, and Speaker nor the Interviewee shall ever unreasonably object to the use of (excerpts from) the (edited) audio/visual material by or on behalf of MPI Belgium Chapter in as far as in compliance to this document.
When You submit artwork at or for the Event, present content at the Event, or upload or link any material (including but not limited to images, text, documents and/or video files) to the website related to or during the Event, You are solely responsible for the content of such material and for gaining required permissions under copyright, trademark, trade secret or other applicable law for the use of such material. By submitting any such material, You represent and warrant that:
- You have obtained the necessary permissions referenced above; and
- any such material is not likely to defame any party and does not invade the privacy of any person
You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless MPI Belgium Chapter, its affiliates and their respective directors, employees and agents (including, without limitation, its publishing partner or any agent acting on its behalf) from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from Your breach of the obligations set forth in this paragraph. 7. No-show Policy and Cancellation:
MPI Belgium Chapter events are exclusive, limited-seats events, we therefore expect that Attendees who are not planning to attend, inform us and free up the seat for someone who would like to attend instead. No-shows generates waste that could otherwise be avoided. At MPI Belgium Chapter we strive to sustainability and smart use of resources.
Cancellation of a registration is possible 2 weeks before the event. Registration fee will be returned minus 50 Euro processing fee. Cancellations after this date or no-show registrations will not be reimbursed. 8. Privacy statement
applies to Your registration as well as to the Event. 9. Liability waiver and release:
You agree and acknowledge that You are participating in or to the Event at Your own free will and intentional act.
You understand and accept that You assume responsibility for Your own wellbeing and safety, and that Your participation in or to the Event may involve an element of risk and/or danger of accidents, which element of danger or risk You hereby assume. You hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims for damage for personal injury, death or property damage which You may have, or which may hereafter accrue to You, as a result of Your participation in or to the Event. This release is intended to discharge in advance MPI Belgium Chapter, its directors, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with Your participation in or to the Event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of those parties. You further agree that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding on Your heirs and assigns.
You agree to indemnify and to hold harmless, MPI Belgium Chapter, its officers, employees and agents from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense which they may incur as the result of Your death, injury or property damage that You may sustain while participating in or to the Event. This liability waiver shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. 10. Governing Law, Venue, and Disputes:
Irrespective of the place the Event is organised, these terms are governed by and construed under the laws of Belgium (for Events organised by MPI Belgium Chapter) Parties will first try to settle any dispute between them amicably in good-faith negotiations prior to seeking enforcement from a court.